Scott81

User

• GSR Lifetime
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:GSR LIFETIME MEMBER

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:10 PM

GM suing Mongoose

http://jalopnik.com/...-corvette-maker

Yes, this is really cutting into the bottom line for Government Motors, my local Chevy dealers are selling a lot of brand new 63's. For years they didn't bother D&D or any of the other replica builders, so I take it Mongoose is doing good business and now the crooks in DC need their cut.

This quote says it all.

GM if awfully protective of a five-unit run of race cars built via a semi-secret program that, once analyzed, was summarily cut by the corporate beancounters who didn't believe in motorsports.

/Rant off
Scott
FL

When I start my car I want my neighbors to think the end of the world is coming. - Homer Simpson
----------
<b>1963</b> <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><b>G</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--><b>rand</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><b>S</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--><b>port</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><b>R</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--><b>eplica</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, 406 motor, 5-speed TKO
<b>1981</b> <b>Red Corvette Coupe</b>, 383 motor, 700r4 trans <b>[SOLD]</b>
<b>2009</b> <b>Velocity Yellow Z06</b> 2LZ with 5V5 Spoiler and '08 Comp Grey Wheels

#2 The Old One

The Old One

Junior User

• GSR Member 2010
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:04 AM

GM suing Mongoose

http://jalopnik.com/...-corvette-maker

Yes, this is really cutting into the bottom line for Government Motors, my local Chevy dealers are selling a lot of brand new 63's. For years they didn't bother D&D or any of the other replica builders, so I take it Mongoose is doing good business and now the crooks in DC need their cut.

This quote says it all.

/Rant off

You need look no further than Dallas Texas to find the real crooks. I've been involved in racing for over 40 years, and I have never seen a situation where as many customers, fabricators, former employees, and (big) investors have had so much bad to say about a company as with Duntov Motors. I find it quite remarkable that GM apparently didn't investigate who they they were selling the GS licensing rights to.
Larry Widmer
TX

#3 Scott81

Scott81

User

• GSR Lifetime
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:09 AM

Hi Larry,

I had a suspicion they were involved in that, I have a buddy that used to work for them and he had nothing nice to say about them either. What a shame, I hope Mongoose comes out of this in one piece.
Scott
FL

When I start my car I want my neighbors to think the end of the world is coming. - Homer Simpson
----------
<b>1963</b> <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><b>G</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--><b>rand</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><b>S</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--><b>port</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><b>R</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--><b>eplica</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, 406 motor, 5-speed TKO
<b>2009</b> <b>Velocity Yellow Z06</b> 2LZ with 5V5 Spoiler and '08 Comp Grey Wheels

#4 The Old One

The Old One

Junior User

• GSR Member 2010
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:34 AM

Hi Larry,

I had a suspicion they were involved in that, I have a buddy that used to work for them and he had nothing nice to say about them either. What a shame, I hope Mongoose comes out of this in one piece.

Publicity about the legal BS has brought a large group of people together. It's like a soap opera that grows more unbelievable with each passing day, as a seemingly endless number of people Duntov has "touched" continue to come out of the woodwork.
Larry Widmer
TX

#5 Scott81

Scott81

User

• GSR Lifetime
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:57 PM

Publicity about the legal BS has brought a large group of people together. It's like a soap opera that grows more unbelievable with each passing day, as a seemingly endless number of people Duntov has "touched" continue to come out of the woodwork.

Well if it is true they started this nonsense then it can't happen to a more deserving bunch.

How's your GS doing? Been home 3 weeks and haven't had a minute to drive mine yet. Hopefully tomorrow.
Scott
FL

----------

#6 The Old One

The Old One

Junior User

• GSR Member 2010
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

Well if it is true they started this nonsense then it can't happen to a more deserving bunch.

How's your GS doing? Been home 3 weeks and haven't had a minute to drive mine yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

We've been so busy doing heads and building engines that I've had perhaps 4-5 hours to work on the car during the last three-four weeks. I've made the cross-over tube and plumbed the engine to the radiator....working on the heater connections right now.
We've been shortening all the excessive wiring length GM provided for all the sensors, and we're working under the dash, getting the Mongoose-supplied fuse box to talk to the GM box and ECU. If I had two straight days with no phone calls, etc, I could have everything complete.....but with many of our customer's racing season's just beginning, I have to take care of them.
With the economy being what it is today, we're trying to take care of as many people as possible (before they've spent their tax rerefunds on something else!)
Larry Widmer
TX

#7 darinminkler

darinminkler

• Non-Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:42 PM

Any updates or predictions on how this is going?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users