Grand Sport Display at NCM

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 10GS03112

10GS03112

Junior User

• GSR Member 2013
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Painting Cars, Motorsports, Corvette Events, Guitars, Music, and my wonderfull wife!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:59 PM

Vickie Clark sent me this picture of her husband Dennis's Replica race car on the pedastool next to my 2010 convertible. If anyone gets to NCM we would appreciate any pictures of all the GS's on dislyay.
Posted Image
Russell Shepard
Longview, TX
2010 Torch Red GS Convertible
2006 Black Z06
1999 Torch Red C5 Coupe

#2 HUTCH

HUTCH

GSR Skunkmaster

• Admin
  • 4,697 posts
  • Interests:Grand Sport Corvettes, of course!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

Sweeet!!! Thanks to you both for putting your cars on display! They look awesome.
Posted Image
John 'Hutch' Hutchinson
Grand Sport Registry Skunkmaster
1996 GS #707 Convertible, red interior & removable hardtop
2010 GS JSB Supercharged Convertible (gone but not forgotten)
GSR, NCMFS, NCCC, CFCA, and NCM Lifetime #597

#3 10GS03112

10GS03112

Junior User

• GSR Member 2013
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Painting Cars, Motorsports, Corvette Events, Guitars, Music, and my wonderfull wife!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:41 AM

A friend from work knew someone form Dana Corp. in Bowling Green and she went by NCM and got a few more pics of the GS diplay. We still did not get all the cars in the display but I will be going to Bowling Green during my trip north in a couple of weeks and I will get all the GSR cars at NCM. I love the shots with the banners in the background of Ed Cole, Bill Mitchell, Harley Earl and Zora Arkus Dundov

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Russell Shepard
Longview, TX
2006 Black Z06
1999 Torch Red C5 Coupe

#4 HUTCH

HUTCH

GSR Skunkmaster

• Admin
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:07 PM

Very nice! :flag:
Posted Image
John 'Hutch' Hutchinson

#5 10GS03112

10GS03112

Junior User

• GSR Member 2013
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:53 PM

This was as good of an experience as you could possibly have owning a car and only Corvette offers it. First when you order a Corvette you can option with NCM to complete a GM Buyers Tour and watch your new Corvette being built from start to finish. Next you can option an R8C National Corvette Museum Delivery. Then to get an opportunity through the Grand Sport Registry to display your Corvette at the National Corvette Museum as part of the 15th Anniversary of the Grand Sport. WOW! I jumped at the opportunity and it became reality. My GS was displayed in the NCM Skydome for three months. The experience came to an end this past week when I made the trip to NCM to pick it up my GS and bring it back home.

I have to commend the staff at NCM for taking great care of my Corvette while in there hands. The staff was very concerned about every detail from detailing it to keep its present's outstanding everyday to putting the top up and down as to not let it set in one position for to long and installing a battery tender on it so I wouldn't have any issues when I returned to get it. Then when I picked up my Corvette they present me with an appreciation plaque, bio sheet, and lapel pin and window sticker designating you as a NCM display car.

Thank you Betty, Tom and Katie for a great NCM Experience! It was also great to see Gary Cockriel and Lori Bieschke who have helped me with other experiences involving NCM.

Also thanks to Patti Hutchinson from GSR for setting it all up.

I could not have made this happen without two great TOGCC friends who took time from their schedules to help me get the Corvette to and from Bowling Green. Dennis Dick and Stephen Lott. Thanks for your camaraderie and putting up with my antics during the long trips, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Posted Image
Russell Shepard
Longview, TX
2006 Black Z06
1999 Torch Red C5 Coupe

#6 HUTCH

HUTCH

GSR Skunkmaster

• Admin
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:15 PM

Russ, I'm really glad you enjoyed putting your GS on NCM display this year.

I realize doing so represents a significant investment of time, effort, and money, and the GSR appreciates your willingness to support our display. The photos say it all... the cars looked GREAT!!!

Thanks again.
Posted Image
John 'Hutch' Hutchinson

#7 GS844

GS844

• GSR Member 2013
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

WOW!those are real great pics!
thank you!
Simon Bibeau
QC, Canada
1996 Grand Sport Coupe #844

0 user(s) are reading this topic